Saturday, April 19, 2014

My Seasonal Calendar Clock




My seasons are laid out a little differently than yours,
perhaps, they look like a familiar clocks face but
they travel counter-clockwise through the year.
Around and down through fall, to winters darkened cold.

Thanksgiving sits about eight, then Santa arrives around seven
and then down straight to six for New Years, resolutely living at the bottom.
My newly diapered years take the first tread from the basement
on the upward rise, towards the birth of spring.

Somewhere near number four, March or so I think,
that's when the world begins to wake.
May sits on three and opens the door to warmer days.

Summer lolls between two and ten
spread all across the top nearest the sun
finally giving way to autumn just before nine
and the returning smell of rain.

It's just the way I see it. Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment