Sunday, February 21, 2021

Work or Life

Work is not all it is reputed to be.

Mostly it’s time away from living

with periods of accomplishment and pride

in exchange for paying bills mixed.

there’s security and the means for needs

all the while diverting me from richer time

with people and the ooh’s and ahh’s of the world.

A itchy shirt made from a big sack of money, stress,
rental cars, keyboards, cell phones, email, clocks and
airplanes all filled with more work and time staring through a small hole.

Take all that all, shaken with determination until in proper proportions,
spiced with gifted vacation days that we feed ourselves sparingly.


Sprinkled like it was salt. Like some was great and made life taste good                                         but too much might spoil the balance.


Go ahead, pour it down my throat till I am just grateful enough
to not throw up my resume.

But then could I take a big shot at living please?


No comments:

Post a Comment